Saturday 31 May 2008

Sweet Honey


Dick Twinney is renowned for his detailed, lifelike paintings faithfully depicting wildlife and countryside scenes.
His packed studio is a room in his home in St Columb Major, North Cornwall, where hundreds of wildlife books cram the shelves and where his paintings are on display.The magnificent scenery and the rich and varied wildlife of the South West provide a constant source of inspiration and never ending material for his highly detailed artwork.
A real countryman, Dick always spends several hours each day in the 'field' walking with the family dogs (all rescue dogs ) over the moors, along the coast or in the local woods, observing wildlife in it's natural habitat, constantly on the look-out for that 'special' chance encounter that can be recreated onto canvas.
Meet Honey from Burlorne Tregoose Farm near Wadebridge in Cornwall.

10 comments:

jmb said...

Do you think she will let us in if we ask nicely?

ADDY said...

Such talent. It looks so real, it could almost be a photograph.

Flowerpot said...

what a wonderful picture - I'd love to meet him - and the dog!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely adore pictures of this nature. I have so many scattered about my house and would love for someone to paint Molly and Sparky one day. From a photograph of course, I doubt Sparky in particular would sit still for very long!

CJ xx

Unknown said...

Wonderful painting, great texture in the wood. Very inspiring.

Whispering Walls said...

It's the left ear which does it for me.

Cornish Dreamer said...

That's a wonderful painting. At first I thought it was a photograph, until I read about it and had another look!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

A beautiful photo.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

A beautiful photo.

Anonymous said...

I'm envious! What a great painting. I would like to see more artwork of him.